Google
 

Thursday, February 28, 2008

ONE YEAR!

So one year ago today, I arrived in New York, and at this very moment one year ago my mother and I were assembling my Ikea bed.

It's amazing how the past year has been. Most of it has been very hard and not fun, but I think I'm a stronger person. I still miss San Francisco, and after my visit there for my birthday (which was one of my best), I realize that I'm supposed to be in New York. Even though my life as a performer has been at a stand-still, I try to remain optimistic that one day everything will fall into place.

Today, I've been reflecting on my one year in NYC, and I still haven't come up with any conclusive feelings about it, except that it's been very hard. What I've learned in the past year is that good friends, family, and "home" (wherever the heart is) are the most important things in my life right now. They are the foundation for my sense of well-being as well as my mental and emotional health. When I love and am loved in return, it brings the most amazing sense of peace and stillness to my spirit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly. By the way, did you write the word "triangular" on my facebook page as a jab to a bad haircut... fess up or I will have to come to NY to drag the truth out of you. Wait I am coming to NY already!!

MezzoCO said...

Alan! happy one year newyork-iversary!

I'm so proud of you!!

Wherefore art thou...?