Google
 

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

On smelling God

"You will smell the fragrance of the Lord's holy presence as you open this (Song of Solomon 2:1)"

So when I collected the mail today, there was a envelope addressed to Neil Totton, and above the address part, this biblical phrase was written in a large purple font. So, first of all, WHO is Neil Totton? Second, I didn't know the Lord was distributing His fragrance through the USPS. The return address is in Tulsa, OK, so is that where Heaven is? I don't mean to be blasphemous or anything, but wouldn't it be really nice if God DID write a personal letter from Him to you. What do you think yours would say? Now for all of you who know me, I'm really not one to talk about some sort of biblical lesson or preach a sermon. That is not my style at ALL! BUT, I have been thinking a lot about my path. Being in a new place and having a fresh start is exciting, but it is also overwhelming. I don't know where or how to begin. I suppose past griefs and fears have some share of the burden. So, it would be nice if God could send me a letter written by His hand. I'm going to write a letter to myself as if it were from God since we are a part of Him (I believe), and I encourage you all to do the same. If you want to post yours in the comment section, I would be interested in reading it.

Dear Opera Singer,

You need to be very patient with yourself. Things don't happen all at once, for if they did, you would be truly overwhelmed. Remember to breathe, for it is in breathing that gives you life. It is what brings fervor and zest to your voice. Best of all, breathing will help you relax.

I can't tell you what your path is. Your path is your choice, and it is up to you to decide where it leads. Know that I will be there to support you with every choice you make, but you MUST make a choice and step forward.

If I could give you a back massage, I would, but you see, my hands are not physical. You must try to feel my hands on your back supporting you like a loving parent. With my support, you don't need to hold onto your stress.

Most importantly, don't forget to keep singing. It is my gift to you. If others can't appreciate that gift, I will send them to Hell.

Love,
God

3 comments:

annelies said...

Dear Annelies,

I love you just the way you are, even or especially in the moments when life's drama seems to grow into a gargantuan beastie. You really try to seek Me in all you do, and I see it.

A few weeks ago, when you told me "yes" the kind of carte blanche "yes" required of the road of faith, I heard it.

You need to continue learning to trust Me- that your little hands can only accomplish so much and believe that I won't let you down. I have never left you yet, little one and I have given you the promise that I will "never leave nor forsake you."

Believe that this will make you stronger and then just hang on, for I am about to show you great and mighty things you do not know. But you have to believe and live the belief every day. I see you. I am with you. I hear you and love you. Now follow me.

Love,
G-D

Divalaney said...

First of all, that scripture reference is wrong. So, I'm not sure where it says "You will smell the fragrance of the Lord's holy presence as you open this," or if it says that at all, but I will be sure to let you know if I find it. In the meantime, God is working on His letter to me. I'll let you know when I receive it! :)

The Opera Singer said...

I was only quoting what was on the envelope. I thought the reference was odd, because that passage did not seem biblical at all.

Wherefore art thou...?