Google
 

Friday, March 30, 2007

You are cursed and don't know it!!!

You know, the Universe has a wicked sense of humor. Usually events will transpire when you are at your most introspective and serious side, and these events will snap you out of your zone and send you reeling. (I am also currently questioning to myself why I'm thinking with a British accent whilst I write) In any case, I would like to share a personal example.

Whilst walking through the West Village on Sunday evening, I saw one of those street psychic places. Now, I have been bemoaning the fact that I don't have a good psychic here, nor have I had much luck finding one, but the street psychics are in abundance. I walk past them almost everyday. My first street psychic experience was in San Francisco. I had never been to a psychic before so I was definitely curious. When she said my aura was violet and she mentioned be involved with music, I knew I had to have a session. But I'm getting into another story here. My second experience was in Oakland. My third was in downtown San Francisco. I would go back thinking that for some reason the experience would be different, but it is AMAZING how exactly the same each visit would be. A visit goes something like this:

You see a big sign in a window that says "Psychic Readings $10". You go in and request your reading. The psychic will then say, "You've had love, but have never really been satisfied with it. Your job does not inspire you, and money comes and goes but never stays. There is a dark shadow surrounding you. It is evil. You have been cursed. Now I can remove this curse. I will have to go to the church and pray tonight. I will need to light 10 candles and let them burn. When the candles have burned out and when the curse is gone, you will have all the happiness you deserve. You will meet your soulmate, you will find the job you need, and you will have better luck with money. You can't tell anyone you were here. Now, I can do all of this for **insert obscene amount of money here**" At that point, I would say, thanks but no thanks, and then they would tell me that evil will be surrounding me until I have it removed. That I would be... DUH, DUH, DUH... CURSED!!!

Well, I did tell people I was there, and it is amazing how many people have had the exact same experiences... even with different psychics. Is there an underground script circulating? I remember I went to my trusted, non-street psychic Hilda and asked her if I was cursed. She said there is no way anyone could have that kind of power over you unless you let them. Curses always go back to the one who casts them. So, I guess she never really answered my question, but she told me she didn't believe in curses, and so that was good enough for me.

But I do feel down sometimes, and it annoys me that someone would tell me it's because I'm cursed. Everything bad in my life is because of a curse. Well, where does personal responsibility come in? Apparently no where. Bad choices are from a curse. And it makes me mad that these are the only psychics I see around me... the ones that would tell me I'm cursed instead of actually helping me come up with a constructive solution to my negative feelings and situations.

So, these are some of my thoughts on my way home from the West Village. I was so engrossed in my own thoughts about curses that I decided they were really too absurd to believe in. When people give them SO much power that personal responsibility is no longer part of the equation, then THAT in and of itself is the curse. So walking down the street between the subway stop and my apt building, I declared to myself that curses were ridiculous and not real. I was then distracted by a cat sniffing some garbage bags. I apparently had startled it and it ran in front of me to hide under a car. Right as it was going under the car it hit some light, and I thought to myself, "What a beautiful black cat!!!" And then the irony of the situation hit me. I laughed and laughed all the way home.

So it was the Universe that gave me a good laugh that evening. Here I am contemplating curses and declaring they don't exist, when a black cat crosses my path at the exact same moment. Or was it EVIL warning me that I should take my curse seriously!!!

3 comments:

MezzoCO said...

I read this, and I was like "AMEN, brother!" And then the cat thing made me laugh, too.

Here's my letter - but you have to read my "Grace" blog to get it.

"Dear Katy:
Watch out for that pole.
Love, God"

Dream Interpreter said...

This is a nice post..A little funny one.

Anonymous said...

I feel hex and curse energy is real. A genuine psychic reading will show you more about the topic.

Wherefore art thou...?